As of March 1, 2022 the Pennsylvania Dept. of Health has expanded the Medical Marijuana Assistance Program, through the passage of Act 44 of 2021. Call us today or fill out an online form and one of our patient care specialists will contact you to let you know if you qualify!
The MMAP is expanding by eliminating the annual card fee for all qualified participants. eliminating all background check fees for eligible caregivers and assisting eligible patients with the purchase of medical marijuana from Pennsylvania dispensaries.
MMAP eliminates the annual identification card fee for any patient or caregiver registered in a
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania financial hardship program. These financial hardship
▪ Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
▪ Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly (PACE)
▪ PACE Needs Enhancement Tier (PACENET)
▪ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
▪ Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Phase 3 of the MMAP will distribute a to-be-determined monthly financial benefit to patients registered in a
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Commonwealth) financial hardship program. These financial hardship
programs are the same as phase 1 & 2 which is listed above.
1. Yes, all PA permitted Dispensaries are expected to be able to serve and dispense to any registered patient,
including those eligible for MMAP Phase 3.
2. Section 902 of Act 16 of 2016 requires the Department of Health (Department) to implement a program from
funds in the Medical Marijuana Program Fund to assist financial hardship patients, including the development of
guidelines and procedures. See 35 P.S. Section 10231.9 02(c)(1)(i). MMAP Phase 3 is the implementation of
3. Notably, the Department’s use of “pilot” is to signal to the medical marijuana community that this is the first
step in implementation of the MMAP Phase 3 program
Phases 1 and 2 were implemented on March 1, 2022. Phase 3 implementation is in process as the program designs the infrastructure and support system that is required.
Do you need help with MMAP?
Find out for free.